Thunder uses Looker to power our reporting dashboards. Navigate to thunder.looker.com and click on alternate login. Log in using the credentials provided by your Account Manager.
After logging in, you should automatically be directed to the home page.
- Personal folders are only accessible by you. When you create and save Looks (reports) or Dashboards, you have the option to save the objects here for your own private view.
- For saved objects in your folder, you will not be able to share the link to others. If you do, they will see an error page.
Explores & Looks
- Explores are essentially unsaved reports. When an explore is saved, it becomes a look
- There are several explores to use when you click on “Explore” in the top navigation.
- The most common explore used is Data Hub → Reach & Performance. This explore shows all of our reporting data that clients also have access to.
- To build a report, simply select from the fields on the left hand panel and click on “Run”.
- If you want to save an explore so you have reference to it later, click on the gear icon on the top right corner and then select “Save as Look”. You’ll want to save your look in a space you find appropriate.
- For more information on how to build reports using Explores, check out: Exploring Data / Filters / Table Calculations
- Each look is an individual report. If you want to put multiple Looks in the same view, you can add them to a dashboard.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to create your dashboard. On the top right hand corner, click on “New” then “Dashboard”. From here, you can select the Looks you want on the dashboard and arrange it however you want. If you add a filter to the dashboard, and link the looks, you can apply multiple filters at once.
- For more information on dashboards, check out: Creating Dashboards
- Looker has the functionality to schedule reports. There are a plethora of options and configurations on the delivery of the reports.
- Once an explore is saved as a look, it can be scheduled using “Schedule…” in the gear icon on the top right of the look.
- For more information, check out: Scheduling Data Deliveries